Requirements and Procedures
- Participant should be at least 18 years or older in age.
- Participant should be a resident of the fire district, unless pursuing a career with North Metro Fire.
- Participant should be covered under his/her own insurance plan.
- Requests must be between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. No ride-alongs will be scheduled beyond 4 p.m.
- Any person who wants to participate in the Ride-Along Program must complete an application and release form. You may fill out the online form, or you may download a PDF copy of the form and mail it in to North Metro Fire's Life Safety Education department at 101 Spader Way, Broomfield, CO 80020.
- Participants will provide a minimum of one form of photo identification to be photo copied, attached to the Ride-Along Release Form and returned to the fire district. For those filling out the form online, you can upload a copy of your identification via the website.
- Participants will receive email correspondence from North Metro Fire in order to confirm the date, time and location of the ride-along appointment. Participants should arrive on time.
- Participants should bring money for lunch and snacks during their ride-along. Meals are not covered by the fire district.
- Appropriate and professional attire must be worn.
- Appropriate attire includes navy, black or khaki pants, a navy or black polo shirt, black or brown closed-toe shoes or work boots with rubber soles.
- Participant should bring a solid color jacket depending on weather conditions.
- All clothing must be clean and in good condition.
The company officer may cancel permission of a ride-along based on the appearance, attitude or conduct of the ride-along participant.