Enter a Cook-Off Team
Looking to compete in the Red and Blue BBQ Cook-Off? Great! You've landed in the right place. We hope to make this a fun event for all participants while benefiting two important charities.
We will be posting competitor rules and additional information on this page in the weeks to come. In the meantime, we encourage you to register your team online to ensure you a spot in the competition.
Competition Tips for Teams
- Overview of BBQ Competition and Scoring Factors
- Judging Chicken 101
- Judging Pork Ribs 101
- Judging Brisket 101
Top 10 Reasons to Enter the Red and Blue BBQ Cook-Off
1. You will be helping a worthy cause.
2. You have a chance to steal the title for BBQ Cook-Off Champion.
3. If you win the cook-off competition, you will be taking home a grand prize. Plus, we have great prizes for each category winner and runner up, including whitewater rafting trips, Bandimere Speedway tickets, grills, BBQ spices/rubs and gift cards.
4. You may pick up some ideas to perfect your sauce and rub recipes.
5. You could win bragging rights for your department or business for the rest of the year.
6. There will be a beverage tent to quench your thirst.
7. You'll hear a special performance from a member of the Emerald Society Pipes and Drums Band.
8. You can bring your entire family to enjoy a fun-filled day in the park. We'll have kids activities for the young ones.
9. You can rock out to live bands performing your old-school favorites.
10. It’s a Saturday filled with BBQing, listening to live music and hanging out with old and new friends while supporting first responders--what more could you want?
Invite Your Friends to Enter
Download a team entry packet or share a link to this page to get your friends to register a cook-off team. The more teams that enter the more our first responder charities will benefit. Pass along this flyer to your friends and help us grow this event!