Stop the Bleed Classes
The top cause of preventable death in trauma is bleeding. 20% of people who have died from traumatic injuries could have survived with quick bleeding control.
National Stop The Bleed Day brings North Metro firefighters and students together for a day of training free of charge.
- Determine if an area is safe for you to proceed toward a victim to provide assistance
- Identify any nearby tools to assist you such as a publicly placed bleeding control kit or everyday items that can be used to control bleeding.
- Use your hands to apply direct pressure at the site of the wound to stop bleeding
- Pack a deep wound with cloth or gauze to control bleeding
- Correctly apply a tourniquet to an injured limb to stop bleeding
- Keep the victim calm until help arrives
Session Day(s) Times Location Age Participants
- No sessions
Session Day(s) Times Dates Location Age Participants